KAPITALBANC & TRUST
What we do
Dealing with the impact of sanctions on financial instruments
EU and US sanctions against Russia and China has created a new compliance burden for all segments of financial services. The latest Executive Orders placed on China by the US also imposes indirect sanctions on financial instruments issued by sanctioned entities.
Sanctions of this nature are unprecedented and make it imperative that organisations trading financial instruments remain compliant and avoid violating sanctions regulations, which can result in potentially significant financial and reputational damage.
• How EO 14032 will impact compliance policies relating to China
• An update on how securities are sanctioned by OFAC, the UN, the EU, and the JMOF
• Challenges associated with sanction compliance for financial instruments
• Best practice for identifying sanctioned entities and screening funds
• Practical example with World-Check Financial Instrument Risk Intelligence
- Bitcoin’s Scalability Foreseen by Satoshi...
This week, crypto enthusiasts and historians alike have found themselves enraptured by the wealth of newly released emails from Satoshi Nakamoto, uncovering the visionary’s early efforts with Bitcoin. Specifically, one email, identified as number #3, offers unparalleled glimpses into Nakamoto’s considerations regarding Bitcoin’s scalability, economic framework, and prospects. Emails Suggest Satoshi Nakamoto Was Quite Confident
- Stablecoin Market Jumps by Over $2.5 Billion in...
In the opening fortnight of February, the stablecoin domain expanded by $1.7 billion, marking a significant rise. The value of the fiat token crypto market has once again risen witnessing an increase exceeding $2.5 billion over the past ten days. Specifically, three stablecoins have driven this upswing, with the stablecoin ethena usde at the forefront
- Weekly NFT Sales Rise 17% With Bitcoin Climbing...
Based on the most recent international standings and weekly figures, sales of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) have surged by 17.66% in the past week, amassing slightly more than $306 million in sales. This uptick marks a jump from last week’s 16.8% rise in NFT sales, with the leading blockchains in terms of volume — Ethereum and
- Doctors Concerned About Neuralink's First Patient
Neuralink founder Elon Musk claimed that the first human to receive one of its heavily scrutinized brain implants was able to control a mouse cursor with their mind. Since then, Neuralink hasn't shared any evidence supporting this claim, and medical researcher are beginning to call its bluff. As shared in a new writeup for Nature,
- Wiz Khalifa Disgusted by Cybertruck
Smack Talk With so many celebs acting as unpaid influencers for the Cybertruck, it's refreshing that at least one is calling BS. In a video posted by HipHopDX on the site formerly known as Twitter — which is, along with Tesla, owned by Elon Musk — rapper Wiz Khalifa, whose legal name is Cameron Jibril Thomaz,